I’ve been meaning to put this post together for a while now, sooo finally, here is a collection of some of my favourite of the kids clothing. I like these things for different reasons; comfort, style, function, and I’ll share why for each. I also want to be honest and make sure you Mama’s know that I get a lot of the kids clothing gifted. I know these pieces are a higher price point and it’s not necessarily realistic to fill your kid’s closets with these brands. But I’m sharing them all because I love them, and if you can pick some of your favourites for your kids I’m sure you’ll love those couple pieces as much as I do!
I’ve realized that quality over quantity can work for kids too. I prefer to do small loads of laundry often rather than one big load of random kids clothes that I don’t really love. When they have fewer clothes that are better quality I’m more motivated to put stain remover on right away and keep those pieces nice. They wear those clothes often and (mainly Skipper) has worn holes into them, but that’s okay with me because I’d rather them wear something to the ground than have “disposable” feeling clothes (does that make sense? haha).
Anyway! That’s more talking than I’d like to do about children’s clothing! But one last thing, I also love to get the kids basics from thrift or consignment stores for super cheap.
I will list the items by photo order:
- Skip’s bonnet – Rain People – These bonnets are linen, and so adorable. If you’re buying for the purpose of the sun I recommend getting the largest brim, and size up if you’re child is still growing quickly, Skip’s Sailboat Romper – Little Nest & Co. – Summer staple for us, I love rompers with snaps at the bottom.
- Poppy’s Overalls – Little Nest & Co. – I want these in my size, finally overalls with a skinny leg! Poppy’s Sunglasses – Little Nest & Co – She picked these ones out herself and I freaking love them.
- Poppy’s Tee – Little Nest & Co – I think this is my favourite of her tshirts, the color and fit is perfect. Poppy & Skip’s Leggings – Jax & Lennon – I love this local brand, it’s hard to describe just how comfortable the fabric these clothes are made from is, you have to buy at least one thing from this site, please! Skip’s Sweater – Little Nest & Co.
- Skip’s Sweater – Camp Brand Goods – this is another brand that you have to feel the fabrics in person cause they are just such great comfy basics. Skip’s Leggings – Plaid & Paisley Littles – These Soy Leggings have been a staple for both the kids and they will continue to get handed down for sure.
- Skip’s Cardigan – Little Nest & Co – Poppy has the shorts in this same pattern by Rylee & Cru because it’s perfectly neutral & beachy.
- Skip’s Romper – Jax & Lennon – J&L tank rompers are something that’s definitely worth making a staple in your kids wardrobe because theres no putting and outfit together, it’s just easy to throw on, super comfy, and people always compliment the kids rompers when we’re out. Same cardigan as previous photo.
- Poppy’s Dress – June Isle – This is a local that makes a variety of beautiful pieces, we get a lot of use out their play dresses for Poppy.
- Poppy’s shorts – Jax & lennon – The fit of these shorts is so cute, they are just a good comfy summer basic. Poppy’s Tank – Rain People – Linen, relaxed, cropped, handmade. aka. perfect. Skip’s Romper – same as photo #2.
- Skip’s Bomber – Little Nest & Co – This bomber kills me. It’s really stinkin cute.
- Skip’s Leggings – Kooshoo – These leggings are designed the grow with your kids, they are organic, hand dyed and ethically operated. Overall such a solid brand and product!
- Poppy’s Blouse – June Isle – These blouse is comfy and lightweight, we use it most often to layer with overalls or tuck into a skirt. The cut of it is so sweet. Skip’s Shirt – Little Nest & Co – He looks like such a little man in this shirt. Photos don’t do the fabric justice, it’s very light, flowy, and soft.