Poppy is 3.5 on creeping up on 4 years old (in January). I can’t believe she has been around for the majority of our marriage now, It makes sense though, I really can’t remember what life was like before her. She is becoming funnier by the day, I really enjoy seeing her creativity and sense of humor develop. We have one rule though… no lame jokes. If the punch line to your knock knock joke is “bum bum” you will receive no pity laughs from us, try again. If you’re going to be the next Kristen Wigg you need to practice up.
Ten things about Poppy these days:
- Her favourite song is Nothing Compares To You by Sinead O’Connor (yes!)
- The longer a dress or skirt is the better; more princess like.
- Underwear is usually off for the day by 11am.
- She likes to impersonate people while making a face like Jim Carey
- She won’t let me cut her hair because she’s going to look like Rapunzel
- She is obsessed with the idea of going to Disneyland (ever since her older cousin went)
- She keeps mispronouncing “Easter Egg Hunt”… She drops the “egg” all together and replaces the “H” with a “C” (I’ll let you figure that one out) I have some great videos of her saying it that are too explicit for the internet
- She speaks gibberish to the kids here in Mexico because she assumes its the same as Spanish
- Wakes up every morning yelling “I WANT TO CUDDLE MY BROTHER!!!!”
- If I let her dress herself she would wear the most obnoxious pink & purple sparkly dresses every single day