Skipper One Week Old

Sweet Skipper is one week old, and it has been such a wonderful week. This newborn experience so far is so much different than our first time when we brought Poppy home. We are more relaxed (and experienced) so I feel like we have just been able to relax and enjoy his sweet smelling head, squishy little bod, and sleepiness. We have fallen completely in love with our boy.

Poppy is very excited about her baby brother also. She has been spending a lot of time with Daddy this week and the changes have definitely resulted in some acting out. She doesn’t know why she’s feeling angry but it usually comes out at bedtime and all hell breaks loose. But it worked out well that her 3rd birthday was also this week so she received lots of special attention and presents.

1. January 23, 2017 / 10:48 pm

Okay, these photos are the sweetest. We’ve been following your story for several years and are so excited to see this chapter!

2. January 23, 2017 / 10:48 pm

3. January 24, 2017 / 4:09 am

I am so excited for you guys. What a sweet little guy Skip is and Poppy is already shaping up to be the cutest big sister ever. Our little one is due on Friday and I am hoping with my fingers crossed that I won’t be in the hospital for my oldest’s birthday which is next Wednesday. Mommy guilt, hormones, all the 39 week feels… so hard to want to be everything to each of them at the same time.

4. January 24, 2017 / 4:09 am

5. January 24, 2017 / 3:46 pm

They are so beautiful. My son has a big sister too and I cannot tell you how great it is for a little boy to have a big sis to grow up with. And good for you to realize why she is acting out and allowing her to express herself without shaming her. It can be tough, but you sound like you are really patient and understanding with all of it! Lots of Love to you all! <3

6. January 24, 2017 / 3:46 pm