More snow! (and a 3 year old)

Yup, more snow photos… Early this morning I woke up and saw that our yard was completely covered in white again. When I opened Poppy’s blinds she exclaimed “It snowed, AGAIN!?” in this town we all get pretty excited about snow and post a lot of photos of it 😉

Tonight is Poppy’s first night sleeping in her big girl bed, I just tucked her in and she looks sooo tiny in that “big” twin bed.  It’s so weird and great watching her turn into a big girl, tonight as we ready a story in bed her name was written in it and she pointed to each letter spelled out “P-O-P-P-Y”. After we closed her door we went into her old bedroom, the nursery which we’re now getting ready for baby boy, and it felt weird that we’re at the end of that being Poppy’s room. We were bracing ourselves for the feeling of going into her room the first night she’s moved out.

As Poppy nears 3 it’s fun to see her grow up but it’s also super challenging dealing with a 3 year old. She has a pretty good dose of attitude, and a strong will. We feel like we’re correcting or disciplining her over and over all day long. Whether it’s asking her to say the sentence again with “please” for the 1000th time, taking 15 minutes to walk out the door because she’s glaring me in the eyes instead of putting her shoes on, or enduring the tears of I don’t want to eat this for breakfast/lunch/dinner. It’s exhausting, which of course any parent of a 3 year old knows. I just ordered the book No Drama Discipline for us to get some fresh perspective, if you have other suggestions of resources you enjoyed for this age feel free to share them 🙂

Our dog, Sid, goes bonkers in the snow, he LOVES it. Leaping and sprinting all over the place and then choking up all the snow he shoved into his mouth while burying his face in it.

David’s rain jacket is from NOAH Rainwear, I shared about this brand on Instagram a few weeks ago. We both have one of these jackets and they are awesome, so essential. NOAH makes 3 different colours of this unisex jackets and one of the creators is from here in Vancouver, Check out their site

1. December 13, 2016 / 7:10 am

Haha I was so excited when it snowed again this morning! Wow, Poppy’s growing up so fast! What a beautiful little girl. 🙂

2. December 13, 2016 / 7:10 am

3. December 15, 2016 / 3:13 am

Poppy’s bangs are precious!! And I’m in the exact same boat as you. Our daughter just turned 3 on the 4th of this month and about a month prior it was like a different person had taken over her personality. I had to giggle a little reading about Poppy’s attitude because it’s the exact same thing in our house. I recently read Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp and I would recommend it 1000Xs over. It’s all about dealing with the "heart issues" instead of just trying to change outward behavior. It’s a parenting/discipling game changer 😉

4. Auntie Megan
    December 15, 2016 / 5:26 am

Poppy’s a lucky girl to still get snuggled in the ergo! I would still use mine for Payps but it fell out of the bike trailer somewhere in Ocean Park 🙁

5. Megan
    December 15, 2016 / 5:27 am

Just read Erin’s comment suggesting "Shepherding a Child’s Heart". I loved it too. I own it if you want to borrow it.

6. Tegan
    December 16, 2016 / 7:12 am

No Drama Discipline is so good! Dan and I have been reading it…also "whole brain child" is great. I’ve been having my first glimpse of this-this week when Hazel was refusing to say please and it is harrrrd stuff holding your ground! I wanna hear more about how this big girl bed is going 🙂

7. Angela Franks
    December 28, 2016 / 5:18 pm

Where do you find Poppy’s clothes? She always looks so cute. My sisters both have little girls and I would love to find my nieces some sweet clothes like Poppy’s to send them. Also, your style is always on point!

8. Lorena
    May 8, 2017 / 6:17 am

Dear Bethany, hi from Spain !
    I can’t remember how I found your blog but I read you since 2014 – My first child (girl) was born in february 2014 and my second baby boy was born in december 2016 – so It seems that we are going in the same way …
    Can you tell me please where did you buy the poppy’s “back”pack in the picture ??
    XX