Life Lately

Yesterday evening we went drove a ways down a country road to catch the sunset. It was such a beautiful day and an insanely beautiful golden hour driving down that long road, which of course would have been better if Poppy wasn’t crying because I gave her one new doggy toy and not two #ungrateful #firstworldprobs. But we parked beside a train and a field of cows so that was basically disneyland.

Once it got too cold and too dark we got in to the car and went the through the McDonald’s drive thru because we yolo like that.

Poppy is very much turning into a 3 year old these days (her birthday is in January). I don’t understand the “terrible twos” title, 2 is such a sweet and innocent age! She is still as precious as ever but man does she work us. She sulks with lots of sad puppy dog eyes & manipulates.

When I say she can watch One episode of Diego just as it’s getting near the end she say’s in a cute voice that it’s “too scary for me” and that she wants to pick a different one instead, how convenient. If I ask her to pick up her toys or carry something for me she’s “just a little girl with little hands”. It takes a lot for me to not laugh at her responses, and sometime’s David and I can’t help but burst out laughing at the dinner table.

Poppy is very excited for the baby boy to be born, and I think completely understands that he is growing in my tummy and will come out when he’s bigger. Maybe she understands a bit too much since she has started telling people “There’s a baby boy in Mummy’s tummy, Daddy put it there.” lol, oops.

She has been wanting a Dora Tennis Racket since David started playing tennis this summer, so we told her when she’s bigger, and the baby is born she can have one at her birthday party (The baby is due one day after Poppy’s birthday). So everyday she declares “I’m getting bigger and stronger (while punching one arm into the air)! And then I’ll have a Dora Tennis Racket and the baby will come out.”

My Jacket:

Poppy’s Jacket – BodaSkins

1. Sandhya
    October 13, 2016 / 1:39 am

"Please excuse my rambling about my child, I hope that blogs are around long enough for this to be a diary of her childhood full of photos and the little things I want to remember."

I love that. And I think it’s a beautiful sentiement ❤️

2. Madeline
    October 13, 2016 / 3:22 am

I love your sense of humor with her. So sweet!

3. Katrina
    October 13, 2016 / 4:10 pm

My daughter is the same age, and she does say the funniest things! Hearing me recount memories from my childhood always gets her saying, " Well, I have a little girl, and one time shes naughty and throwed a fit!" , Or something else from her life experience! Also, asking kids between the ages of 2-4 if they remember being born, or what they remember, can be super interesting! My son told me he cried when he came out of my tummy, because the lights were too bright. My other son said he cried because he got cold, and he wanted to stay "snug in mamas tummy forever." Both accurate!

4. Megan
    October 16, 2016 / 1:02 am

Lol pops… Where did she hear that she’s a little girl with little hands?

5. October 28, 2016 / 1:01 pm

This is such a sweet post. I feel the same way sometimes after writing, I feel like I am such a mom and just wrote about my babe. I feel like I try so hard to be my own person amidst being a mother, but it is hard sometimes to separate when they are such a huge and wonderful part of everyday life. Poppy is indescribably cute though. You’ve got a good one.

xx