Girls Getaway to Arizona

Last week we spent a few days away in the sun. A couple days earlier I had told David that I felt like I really need a vacation, a little recharge of Vitamin D. So being the wonderful husband he is he said ok and booked me a flight within the hour haha. This is not something we do often! But it was Poppy’s last week of flying for free so we just felt a little Yolo 😉

My sister has two little girls, Elisabeth & Patience, the oldest only 3 months older than Poppy. She decided to join our girls trip at the very last minute and had her 6 months old Passport printed overnight and booked plane tickets in line at the passport office on her phone (for the completely wrong dates haha… but it ended up working out).

Usually when we go to Arizona we spend all day beside the pool but it was a bit chilly while we were there so we spent a lot of time wondering shops, and playing at the fountains with the girls. We went into American girl (Aka “Baby Store” to Poppy and “Kit’s House” to Elisabeth) almost everyday, they were pretty in love with all the dolls and watching all the bigger girls walking around with their babies.

We ate almost every meal at a restaurant, which went over surprisingly well with two 2 year olds and a 6 month old. Our trick to a successful mealtime was ordering fries for the girls as soon as we sat down, they are fry freaks and it kept them pretty busy. Scottsdale, AZ has the best restaurants! We didn’t hit up all of our favourites because they aren’t necessarily kid friendly, but we went to Zinburger a couple times, TrueFood (my fave!), and Chloe’s Corner for breakfast each morning.

In the past year I’ve done a few flights and hotels with Poppy. I always try to come well prepared for the flight with a bag of goldfish crackers, a few other snack that I know she’ll get excited about and the iPad loaded with Peppa Pig episodes. I also like to bring another exciting snack for once we arrive and get in the cab, because she’s usually exhausted and cranky by then it helps make the last leg of the trip a little more peaceful.

Our first night on vacation is usually a bit of a gong show because she’s over tired and sleeping in a new place. In arizona I tried letting her come in my bed to sleep with me, she slept for about 5 minutes and then I felt her little hand start feeling around to find my face. She was giving me kisses, doing my hair, singing wheels on the bus, taking out my mouth guard (I grind my teeth like a mad woman!). It was actually cute to have her playing around in bed with me, until it was eventually midnight and I just wanted to sleep. Her face in the photo above is a pretty good indicator of how the rest of the night went 😉 But after having a nap in there the next day she was pretty good the rest of the trip.

Here’s just a little clip of Poppy running after my sister (and almost smoking a planter or two).

I didn’t have any extra room in my little carryon suitcase for my camera, so please excuse the iPhone photography.

1. January 25, 2016 / 5:19 am

What a fun little girls getaway! I mentioned to my hubby that our daughter and I need to do this one day and he thought it was a great idea.

2. January 25, 2016 / 5:19 am

3. January 25, 2016 / 5:19 am

4. sherrinefrancis@gmail.com
    January 25, 2016 / 4:21 pm

What a great idea. Makes me wish I had a daughter.

I have question for you – we are heading to Phoenix in 2 weeks. What are some of your favorite restaurants there. They don’t have to be kid friendly.

Its our first time 🙂

• thisonesforyoublog@gmail.com
      January 25, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I have only been to restaurants in Scottsdale, but here are my favourites:

-TrueFood Kitchen
      -Bandara
      -Zinc Bistro
      -North
      -Chloe’s Corner (for breakfast or lunch)
      -Stingray (for Sushi)

5. sherrinefrancis@gmail.com
    January 25, 2016 / 4:21 pm

What a great idea. Makes me wish I had a daughter.

Its our first time 🙂

• thisonesforyoublog@gmail.com
      January 25, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I have only been to restaurants in Scottsdale, but here are my favourites:

-TrueFood Kitchen
      -Bandara
      -Zinc Bistro
      -North
      -Chloe’s Corner (for breakfast or lunch)
      -Stingray (for Sushi)

6. sherrinefrancis@gmail.com
    January 25, 2016 / 4:21 pm

What a great idea. Makes me wish I had a daughter.

Its our first time 🙂

• thisonesforyoublog@gmail.com
      January 25, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I have only been to restaurants in Scottsdale, but here are my favourites:

-TrueFood Kitchen
      -Bandara
      -Zinc Bistro
      -North
      -Chloe’s Corner (for breakfast or lunch)
      -Stingray (for Sushi)

7. sdudar@me.com
    February 2, 2016 / 6:27 am

"Pops are you running?"
    "No" – This, this is nothing, I can go much faster!
    We crack right up every time we watch this!

8. sdudar@me.com
    February 2, 2016 / 6:27 am

"Pops are you running?"
    "No" – This, this is nothing, I can go much faster!
    We crack right up every time we watch this!

9. sdudar@me.com
    February 2, 2016 / 6:27 am

"Pops are you running?"
    "No" – This, this is nothing, I can go much faster!
    We crack right up every time we watch this!