Dad on the Road

Photo via We Are The City

Photo via We Are The City

Today is the last day of David’s 3 week European tour. It’s not the longest he has been gone, but it’s the longest he has gone without seeing Poppy and they are both really starting to miss each other. The other night I showed Poppy a photo of his face on my phone and she got so excited, kissed it, and then got really sad, it was so sweet and heartbreaking. But it’s really fun to watch them Skype, she gets really excited to say Hi and show him the new tricks that she has learned. David has toured since I met him, and I have always loved that. The touring life has been appealing to me since I was about 13. I have loved every tour that I have done with him and we plan to do a bit later this spring/summer. Friends are often surprised that I feel totally fine with him being gone for long trips and I think that If I wasn’t just as passionate as he is about what he is doing then I probably wouldn’t be as happy to be at home alone with a baby every night. But, I really am fine with it and actually enjoy my time alone. I’m a pretty independent person and I’m very good at keeping myself busy which is evident if you come to my house often, while davids gone there are projects happening all over the place. It’s also really fun to get to miss each other and get excited to see each other again. I love picking him up from the airport, and It feel so “fresh” for the first while when he is home. I’m looking forward to that this week!

^ Poppy Skyping with dada.

Showing him that she can find her tummy.

1. Rebekah Wagner
    March 10, 2015 / 3:48 pm

I love Poppy’s face!!!! Pure joy!! So adorable!!

2. amieclarejohnston@gmail.com
    March 10, 2015 / 9:30 pm

Oh I agree with your sentiments completely, well said!!

3. amieclarejohnston@gmail.com
    March 10, 2015 / 9:30 pm

Oh I agree with your sentiments completely, well said!!

4. March 13, 2015 / 1:27 am

My husband just joined a local band in my city…they’re going on a cross Canada tour in April for three weeks…I’m kinda freaking out!!!

5. March 13, 2015 / 1:27 am

6. dani.valentine@hotmail.com
    March 13, 2015 / 11:21 pm

Tooooooo cute!!!!!

7. dani.valentine@hotmail.com
    March 13, 2015 / 11:21 pm

Tooooooo cute!!!!!

8. March 14, 2015 / 6:50 am

Oooh I so know what you mean with your husband being gone so much. My husband was a merchant mariner for 10 years, a captain on big tanker boats and he would go away for about 3 months in a row, gone half of the year. And I did love our life then, loved missing him, loved writing to him, loved getting my legs waxed and hair done a few days before he’d come home (first time was a disaster, never tried bangs ever again haha) and yes the excitement when picking hip up at the airport…..! Most of my friends did not get it and that was okay. The only annoying thing I found was when people kept asking me "but you don’t think he is cheating on you when he goes away….??!!!" "No, People", I trust him 200% and I am very sorry if you don’t trust YOUR loved one! Ha. Anyways, he got laid off though right when I was giving birth to our first baby 18 months ago and we took it as a sign that from now on it would be good for him to be home and for us to start rising our kid together as a family. So at the end it’s all good and we had done the traveling thing for 10 years so a new chapter is totally okay for us. But I hear you and all I can say is "You ROCK mama!" YAY xx ps: I like your aesthetic. xx

9. March 14, 2015 / 6:50 am