Poppy Foods

Poppy is almost 11 months now, and like every mom says – I can’t believe it’s almost been a year!! Since we are one of the first of our friends to have a baby, I love how they ask me the questions that sometimes people are a bit to “proud” to ask like.. “How the heck do you know what to feed a baby?” because these are the questions I would be googling on my phone late at night before she was born. It’s funny all the things that you feel like you have to prepare for so much just come natural with a baby. As she gets older we slowly introduce new things and you just naturally figure out what they like, and what they’re going to choke their brains out on.

Poppys favourite food these days is Oatmeal. Which is so easy for me! I make some large flake oats, and mix in some pureed veggies and put it in the fridge. It hardens and then I can just break it into pieces she can pick up and eat herself. Thats our go to these days. She is also obsessed with Mandarin Oranges, loves tofu (Which I try only to give her every once and a while because of the soy) and hummus.

She is slowly eating more of the foods that I eat, have bites of my mexican rice bowl or quinoa salad. Which really is nice when they can start just eating what you eat!

What are your go to meals and snacks for your babe? I’m always looking for new inspiration.

My favourite baby food blog is here.

1. December 22, 2014 / 10:13 pm

Are you starting her off vegan? I have a 10.5 month old who never ate purees and still resists most things offered by spoon unless she feeds herself. A few easy faves for us are chickpeas and black beans (cooked and seasoned with cumin and oregano) – also helps keep regular. Mandarin oranges here too, sometimes 2-3 a day!…will be really sad once the season is over. I juice, so I bake muffins with the pulp thats left over as a great snack thats secretly full of fruit and veggies (juice pulp, oats, wholegrain flour, flaxseed, hemp hearts baking powder, bananas, apples, yogurt, coconut oil and egg). Another fun food is homemade pancake mix (with whole grain + oats + flax) and then I slice up bananas, dip in the mix and then cook. So tasty! If you're into eggs, fritattas are super easy too. Throw in TONS of veggies and cooked potatoes and it bakes soft yet easy to chop up to let them eat. I'll have to try your chilled oatmeal so my daughter can self feed – thanks. Happy Holidays!

2. December 30, 2014 / 7:38 pm

I have a daughter who will be turning 6 months at the end of January and I can't wait to start introducing her to food – I just hope she takes to it! I'm vegetarian (and occasionally eat fish), so her diet will mostly consist of those things as well. I hope to start with avocado and other bland food (since I heard it is best to start them out with veggies so they learn to like them before the fruits). Thanks for the baby food blog – I will be looking at that for other ideas.

3. December 30, 2014 / 7:38 pm

4. January 2, 2015 / 2:24 am

ah, she's adorable. my baby sister is about the same age (1 in february ) and she likes to eat whatever we eat. it's such a fun stage right now.

5. January 2, 2015 / 2:24 am

6. rebeccasiewertphotography@gmail.com
    February 11, 2015 / 4:43 am

smoothies LOADED with fruit and veg, avocados with salt and pepper and good old oatmeal have been London’s favorites since she was about a year.

7. rebeccasiewertphotography@gmail.com