37   2949
22   1853
4   836
19   905
43   2037

Shop Clothes

Apartment Therapy House Tour

My dear friend Elissa Crowe recently became the Apartment Therapy contributor for the Vancouver area (so proud of her!!). We were honored to be her first contribution to the amazing blog! I have looked to Apartment Therapy for inspiration for many years, so it’s pretty cool to finally see our home up there.

I change our house so often that not one of these rooms is still the same now, as it was when she photographed it haha. But, I love have documention of our home through the many, many stages it goes through. See the full House Tour here.

Man oh man, are there a lot of negative comments on our tour!! I had been warned this comes with Apartment Therapy readers. The comments that our home is dangerous and not baby proof – at the time when the photos were taken, Poppy was not even mobile yet, she was wrapped on my body or in her swing, of course the house changes as she does, and I would never let my baby be in a dangerous surrounding. Also, a lot of comments that this is staged and probably not what it actually looks like… Not really! I don’t feel at all like our home is not “liveable” it’s comfortable, cozy, and functional. But I just like things to look good, and be in their place. My favourite of all the comments is about how Poppy Darling (who they somehow assumed was a boy) will be made of in school…. Sometime people need to care a litttle bit less.

1. December 16, 2014 / 5:38 pm

Bethany, I've been following your blog for quite a while. So sorry for the unkind comments on apartment therapy. Your home and family are darling. Pun intended 🙂

2. December 16, 2014 / 5:38 pm

3. December 16, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Oh my! When I saw your house tour I only noticed things like that amazing seating bit (where all the chairs are connected) – so cool, that craaazy deer head! and the cozy cabin feel yet so airy! It looks fantastic.

4. Kendalljhicks@gmail.com
    December 16, 2014 / 7:18 pm

Your house is beautiful,ignore the hate comments! Where did you get Poppy's crib mobile from, its adorable!

5. Kendalljhicks@gmail.com
    December 16, 2014 / 7:18 pm

6. December 16, 2014 / 7:57 pm

Your home is gorgeous! Don't listen to the negative comments. People are just jealous of your beautiful home and family.

7. December 16, 2014 / 7:57 pm

8. December 16, 2014 / 9:10 pm

Such a beautiful and cozy home Bethany! I can't believe some of those comments on the original website! If only people promoted what they loved, instead of bashing what they hate! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! xx

9. December 16, 2014 / 9:10 pm

10. blakelyhiner@yahoo.com
    December 17, 2014 / 4:07 am

I commented on this tour, and tried to put all of their rude comments to bed!! I don't understand how spaces that are filled with such creativity and room for love turn to cruel comments so quickly – either way, your home and your family is beautiful!! You're a special woman and mama and shouldn't feel any less from the comments others make behind the screens of their computers.

xoxo

11. blakelyhiner@yahoo.com
    December 17, 2014 / 4:07 am

xoxo

12. December 18, 2014 / 7:33 am

I found your blog through Apartment Therapy's post! Love their site and your content as well 🙂

13. December 18, 2014 / 3:17 pm

Negative comments are just pathetic! I think your home is beautiful! And besides, of course it's been slightly staged and primped for the photoshoot. Wouldn't everyone want there home to look perfect if they knew it was being featured? Come on people!!

14. December 18, 2014 / 5:43 pm

Dear Bethany, When I read your blog I never left without feeling a tiny bit more inspired. I saw the pictures on Apartment Therapy and all I have to say is that you don't own a house, you own a HOME. It's so warm and cozy and full of love! (I can almost feel the smell of chocolate cookies in the oven)
    I read many blogs and I see many decor spaces, yours is unique because it doesn't look branded" you should feel very proud! Thank you for sharing.

Lots of love
    Sardis.

15. December 18, 2014 / 5:43 pm

Lots of love
    Sardis.

16. Megan
    December 19, 2014 / 5:37 am

No way!! I can't believe there are so many haters. Ouch! I can say that coming to your house is always inviting and cozy, there are always candles & snacks and you value making it a place where you & David feel at home. It's always original. Never a "Pinterest" copycat look. So glad you did the house tour!

17. January 3, 2015 / 7:10 pm

your house is amazing! sorry about those comments. i really like the furniture pieces you have in every room. it is simple, yet still cozy! i appreciate that you want your house to look good. i feel the same way… it's more for ME to enjoy than for others really. where are your favorite places to shop for home decor?

18. January 3, 2015 / 7:10 pm

19. March 6, 2015 / 4:26 pm

I am so glad you were featured on Apartment Therapy! I think it is hilarious what people assume, and how they have no better way to spend their time than bashing someone’s home and family. I’m sure they were SO worried the deer head would fall off the wall and roll until it hurt Poppy because that is soooo possible 😉

20. March 6, 2015 / 4:26 pm