Vegan baking is always hit or miss, so when i find a hit, I don’t loose that recipe! This is a chocolate chip cookies recipe I found on www.dailyrebecca.com and just made a couple adjustments to.
Here is the recipe from www.dailyrebecca.com and below I added my additions.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s chocolate chips are accidentally vegan!)
- **2 Tbs Ground Flax Seed
- **6 Tbs Water
- **Coarse Sea Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. The mixture may be really “liquidy” this is OK.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients (it WILL BE crumbly – this is OK), then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. The dough may be a little crumbly, but just smoosh it together and it will work fine!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (I did 8 which was perfect)
**I added a flax egg (2 Tbs Ground Flax Seed + 6 Tbs Water – let sit for 5 min) because the dough was very dry, I couldn’t get it to stick together. But this made it perfect.
**I also added coarse sea salt sprinkled on top of the cookies before putting them in the oven, anything with chocolate tastes better with sea salt to me!