Poppy Darling – Nine Months

Poppy Darling is 9 months old, getting to be such a big babe with a little personality and opinions of her own. She has really start to enter teething this past week. Poppy has always been a freakishly content and happy baby, but she has been a little agitated and refusing food especially I try to feed her with a spoon. She would much rather pick up her food and feed herself.

I was looking back into my journal tonight from before Poppy was born and came across this entry:

—-

Today I got sad thinking about the fact that these are the last few days Poppy will spend inside that beautiful, sacred, peaceful place. Away from everything. Just her and God literally molding her. I wish she didn’t have to be introduced to a world with so much sin, and sadness. My heart already breaks for the days she comes home from school crying, or gets broken up with, or experiences death of someone she loves. I wish that she could stay so safe and connected to God. I want to show her God’s love for her, His beauty, and purity everyday.

—-

I pray all the time when I am putting her to sleep at night that she will have dreams of being in the womb and always remember what it was like to be safe from worldly things, close to God. It might seem sort of strange, but who knows, maybe when she’s older she’ll tell me about this dream she has where she’s in a dark peaceful place just her and God together.

1. haleycampbell@ymail.com
    October 22, 2014 / 8:39 pm

beautiful words, bethany!

and beautiful baby. 😉

2. haleycampbell@ymail.com
    October 22, 2014 / 8:39 pm

beautiful words, bethany!

and beautiful baby. 😉

3. October 23, 2014 / 8:03 pm

What a beautiful prayer. I believe that God will use Poppy to bring God's joy and love to others who have never experienced God's closeness before. 🙂

4. October 23, 2014 / 8:03 pm

5. Megan
    October 26, 2014 / 7:17 am

Aw, so beautiful, Bethy! It's so crazy to think that little babies are a whole soul just waiting to be born. I think they are way smarter than we give them credit for. That is a good bedtime prayer.

6. November 10, 2014 / 6:35 am

So beautiful. It feeds my soul to hear you breathing God's presence into your precious babe even before you knew her – like God's love for us – being loved by our Creator before we knew Him.

7. November 10, 2014 / 6:35 am

8. Marina
    March 19, 2015 / 9:48 pm

I totally get what you mean. I have a 4 month baby boy and I find myself feeling kind of nostalgic and "sad" for things that have not happened yet. I love him so much that I want him to be safe all the time. I know that hurt and sadness are part of growing, but I can’t stop worrying. May God protect these little beautiful creatures.

9. Sarah Eggett
    July 18, 2015 / 8:44 pm

What font do you use for your posts & post title? I’m loving your blog!!